Connor's Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games & Minecraft

4 posters

Go down

The Hunger Games & Minecraft Empty The Hunger Games & Minecraft

Post  Big_Daddy723 Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:46 pm

ok so first off ill start by asking who has read the Hunger Games Trilogy?
secondly whos ready for the movie this summer?

ok now that ive got that on your mind lets converge with Minecraft.
wtf-fat-man29 and I are very big fans of The Hunger Games.

so recently i was thinking about the whole PVP arena idea then suddenly...BANG! it hit me, i combined the hunger games and minecraft.

that brings me to my question to the ops and connor.
once a new update comes out that requires us to update the server, could we enable pvp/pvp in certian areas?
im really hoping there are people here that have read the book and can support me on this.

my idea: after each update there will be a "Hunger Games" (with a new title of course)
people will be able to sign up on the forums here and i will randomly select a (soon to be decided) number of people to "participate"

overview: for those of you that havnt read the story long story short (not a spoiler) its basicly a survival deathmatch. "contestants" are placed in a random arena were they fight to the death. last man (or woman) standing "wins" and the prize is great

im thinking we place the given amount of people in a fairly large sized "arena", different biomes each time. they are given nothing but a helmet, that way they need to build their weapons, armors, defenses, etc (itll give some time to let the games last longer) then the losers (as far as i see it) dont really lose anything, but the winner gets prizes, im talking either diamond equipment, gold bars, Iconomy money etc all of which will be decided by our ohh so generous ops and owner.

extras: (in the hunger games)players get lucky parachutes, which contain fairly useful gadgets. we could also give our contestants "parachutes", itd be a little more cheesy because i was thinking ops could fly over and drop something on someone;
also under approval of the ops/owners Iconomy funds won in the matchs could be transfered over after a server restart, if thus arrises;
just an idea but as a way of profit, for underground players, people could hold there own betting on who will win;

i would very much appriciate it if i could get as much feedback as possible on this(positive, neutral, negative, support, ideas, etc) anything!

also id like to add that me and wtf-fat-man29 can manage the whole thing and keep it under control all we need is support and approval

thanks for reading my abnormally long message!
Big_Daddy723
Big_Daddy723

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games & Minecraft Empty Re: The Hunger Games & Minecraft

Post  Niner256 Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:05 am

This sounds awesome!
Niner256
Niner256
Server Operator
Server Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  PersondudeAlias Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:22 pm

I like this idea, but i think taking it to a whole new level... THE ENTIRE SERVER PARTICIPATES!! Yes, this may sound crazy, but think about our community... only a few people would sign up, and then it would be boring... Simmilar ideas have popped up, and failed due to a lack of people wanting to participate... And think of the actual hunger games, they lasted a week or so, and action was (if you think about it) pretty slow, things happening hours apart, alot of hiding, running, and other things. For this to work, the entire server would have to be converted into a hunger games RPG world, witch would be awesome... The only problem is that this could turn bad...

Of course, for something of a normal hunger-games scale to happen, the server should be RPG first, then have the hunger games incorperated in a simmilar way... But this idea will ultimately fail unless we get a legit rpg, with full dedication to the RPG aspect of the game, and nobody being non-rpg... So, i like the idea, but it would be nearly impossible to impliment unless we were already established in the RPG style...

(edit: I have read all the hunger games books :3)
PersondudeAlias
PersondudeAlias

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games & Minecraft Empty you have my support

Post  epicduckguy123 Thu May 24, 2012 4:42 pm

I give you guys my suport all the way. Very Happy also if you need help building im good with redstone wirering

epicduckguy123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down