Connor's Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to use the forums!

2 posters

Go down

How to use the forums! Empty How to use the forums!

Post  PersondudeAlias Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:51 pm

I urge all forum users to read this post!
Thank you for being considerate and helping the forum by learning how to use it!

Section 1:
Viewing Posts!
The forums have been conveniently organized for viewing and posting. It should be easy to find what you want, just by reading the category titles, then the forum sub-sections and their descriptions. This is your easiest move on the forums, you even got here by the same process!

Section 2:
Making a Post!
Like I said earlier, the forums are organized for easy viewing and posting! Carefully consider what you want to post, read each of the forum titles, and then post in the appropriate areas only. To make a post, click the "new topic*" button at the top of the page, and make a good, relevant title, with plain text, and minimal words. Have a detailed post, and only relevant stuff. Try to avoid bad grammar, emoticons, and any random acronyms for clarity.

Section 3:
Replying to a Post!
Once you find a post to reply to, simply press the "post reply<-" button at the bottom or top of the page. Make sure to stay relevant, on topic, and polite. Basically, follow all the rules of Section 2 as well, only if they apply to replying.

Section 4:
Reading and Sending Mail!
At the top of the page, on any forum, you will find a link bar where you can navigate to many places easily! Making and replying to mail is almost exactly like making and replying to posts, except they go only to certain people you choose. This is useful for questions for 1 person, special invites, hate mail, and many more creative applications!

Section 5:
The mysteries of BBCode!
When making a post or sending mail, you may notice a few shiny buttons at the top of the text box. These allow special effects that can apply to text, or upload a picture, or post spoilers, or tables, links, videos, font, and many other things! I recommend not using this, unless you know what you are doing. Just be sure that you don't abuse colors, underlines, italics, pictures, and other powerful BBCode things here on the forums. There is a difference between looking good, and looking like you just learned a new thing and are overusing it.
PersondudeAlias
PersondudeAlias

Back to top Go down

How to use the forums! Empty Re: How to use the forums!

Post  Popboy397 Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:24 pm

Thanks i never knew what fourms were all about...
Popboy397
Popboy397

Back to top Go down