Connor's Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wilderness....

+4
jonOssm
ScottCollins
crob4r
PersondudeAlias
8 posters

Go down

The Wilderness.... Empty The Wilderness....

Post  PersondudeAlias Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:24 pm

For those of you who think "Hmm... I've heard this used before..." yes, yes you have... Back in the old days of PD66, i was on runescape! (of course, with a slightly more obscene name...) I was amazed at the newb-pwning powers of the mystical land of "the wilderness"! The land of PKing and PWNing... Sadly, after a few years, they took the wildy (as it was known) down due to complaining newbs being pwnd too hard... Of course, that was the joy of the wildy, and recently, i've been told they put it back, like it used to be... (of course, i've been out of the runescape loop for a while, so idk)

Enough of the intro, here is my idea... I am going to make a "Wildy" plugin (in the far future, but i'm just seeing who likes this idea) that does something simmilar. Basically, if you go outside of a cirtain radius away from the spawn... PVP is turned on, and you will no longer be healed...

Idea in a list format!

Wildy Plugin
-Wilderness zones
--Monsters, pvp, no healing...
--- different zones for each, so healing stops, then a bit further, pvp on, then a bit further... ssssssssssssssssssss...
--Go too far, health slowly leaches off of you (maybe? sounds like a fun risk...)
---If implimented... a golden helm will protect you from these life-stealing spirits...
--Special zones may be set up that are pvp-proof where you can rest and eat safely...

Risks: Killed, items stolen, griefing, monsters, getting lost, dying, etc...
Rewards: More rare ores, more rare creatures, breathtaking views, and a chance to pvp and win some good items!

So please, feedback, comments, questions, suggestions, all of those are welcome!
PersondudeAlias
PersondudeAlias

Back to top Go down

The Wilderness.... Empty Re: The Wilderness....

Post  crob4r Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Yes! As long as there is baddies I agree! Very Happy
Is it ok for groups to randomly attack NEUTRAL wanderers?
crob4r
crob4r

Back to top Go down

Post  PersondudeAlias Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:54 pm

crob4r wrote:Yes! As long as there is baddies I agree! Very Happy
Is it ok for groups to randomly attack NEUTRAL wanderers?

Well, the whole point of going to the wildy is the risk of being attacked, so of course, attack willy nilly, there will be a warning as you enter the first zone (non-pvp, just healing is taken off) that way you know the risks...
PersondudeAlias
PersondudeAlias

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottCollins Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:37 pm

I would have to say no pd. I feel that we should be united as one. An not random attacking goons. This is my point of view.
ScottCollins
ScottCollins

Back to top Go down

Post  PersondudeAlias Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:43 pm

ScottCollins wrote:I would have to say no pd. I feel that we should be united as one. An not random attacking goons. This is my point of view.

If you think closely, this is an incentive to work together, to stay in one area, and to be united... The attacking random people, well, thats the fun of PVP, it is only a long ways off from the spawn, and inside the 785398 available squares (not a random number, area of a circle with a radius of 500 Razz)

so, don't look at this as a free-for-all where everyone attacks, look at it as a danger-zone where people can challenge each other for a fight, knowing the risks, and going for it.
PersondudeAlias
PersondudeAlias

Back to top Go down

The Wilderness.... Empty Re: the wilderness

Post  jonOssm Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:58 pm

i totally agree pd66, I think this is an amazing idea and im surprised no one has thought of it yet:/. Well i hope you get it done so we can have epic battles and wars in the wilderness Very Happy
jonOssm
jonOssm
Server Operator
Server Operator

Back to top Go down

The Wilderness.... Empty Why?

Post  Popboy397 Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:07 pm

U just turned my pvp arena idea to ur own idea of wilderness... Evil or Very Mad Suspect Idea

Can i atleaste have somthing credits or anything?
i mean seriously what about my arena? confused confused Crying or Very sad
----------------------
Here are some ideas....
make like in runescape to cross the wilderness there a hole... so u know were the cross is... (The ditch u pass over to enter pvping)

PS. nice switch of pvp arena SOUNDS FUN! Razz + What if people are invisible? Shocked
Popboy397
Popboy397

Back to top Go down

Post  crob4r Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:46 pm

Yeah invisible glitch would SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK Evil or Very Mad
crob4r
crob4r

Back to top Go down

The Wilderness.... Empty New RS

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:13 pm

There no limits For trading right now in rs Very Happy

and the had to bring the old wild back so now we can pwn noobs!

btw i play rs to but quited Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:17 pm

I would like to see mobs turned on, to be honest. They present more of a challenge, and provide a reason for keeping night. "Safe zones" as you refer to, can pit two cities against each other, as well, a la Peloponnesus. Sounds like fun.

Back to top Go down

Post  PersondudeAlias Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:57 pm

popboy, dont be a credit whore... I've had this idea a while, and also, the pvp arena was mine way before you had it, I decided to let you have the idea, instead of angrily demanding credit... So please, revise your thought process and realize that just because you think you had an idea first, doesnt mean it is yours... Technically the romans could be suing you for idea stealing, but they arent saying anything... (maybe because they are dead...)
PersondudeAlias
PersondudeAlias

Back to top Go down

Post  Popboy397 Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:17 pm

PersondudeAlias wrote:popboy, dont be a credit whore... I've had this idea a while, and also, the pvp arena was mine way before you had it, I decided to let you have the idea, instead of angrily demanding credit... So please, revise your thought process and realize that just because you think you had an idea first, doesnt mean it is yours... Technically the romans could be suing you for idea stealing, but they arent saying anything... (maybe because they are dead...)

Okay i understand ._.
Popboy397
Popboy397

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottCollins Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:45 pm

PersondudeAlias wrote:
ScottCollins wrote:I would have to say no pd. I feel that we should be united as one. An not random attacking goons. This is my point of view.

If you think closely, this is an incentive to work together, to stay in one area, and to be united... The attacking random people, well, thats the fun of PVP, it is only a long ways off from the spawn, and inside the 785398 available squares (not a random number, area of a circle with a radius of 500 Razz)

so, don't look at this as a free-for-all where everyone attacks, look at it as a danger-zone where people can challenge each other for a fight, knowing the risks, and going for it.
pd i think there should be a general vote with every1 involved
ScottCollins
ScottCollins

Back to top Go down

Post  Popboy397 Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:48 pm

ScottCollins wrote:
PersondudeAlias wrote:

pd i think there should be a general vote with every1 involved

I would vote YES
Popboy397
Popboy397

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Daddy723 Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:56 pm

anyone that disagrees needs to understand that its not pvp in the whole world just once u get to a certian point, also i think we still need a pvp arena for those who would like to fight in a more calm, controlled environment
Big_Daddy723
Big_Daddy723

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:04 pm

The idea isn't gonna fly, anyway. Connor's quite reluctant on making the server RPG. We'd need to actually display support to a comparitively unique idea for it to be implemented, at this point.

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Daddy723 Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:36 am

i say we over rule connor, we take a vote, with at least 50% of the people with accounts on the forums voting, whoever gets more votes gets their way, RPG or not
Big_Daddy723
Big_Daddy723

Back to top Go down

Post  crob4r Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:48 pm

Big_Daddy723 wrote:i say we over rule connor, we take a vote, with at least 50% of the people with accounts on the forums voting, whoever gets more votes gets their way, RPG or not

Hm.. Voting is fine and dandy BUT no one ever said this was a democracy. What Connor or the other ops say, goes unless they actually want the vote. They're the owners, they should be able to do whatever they wish. Rolling Eyes
crob4r
crob4r

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Op decision is generally for RPG, Connor is basically rageno about it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Daddy723 Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:17 pm

crob4r wrote:
Big_Daddy723 wrote:i say we over rule connor, we take a vote, with at least 50% of the people with accounts on the forums voting, whoever gets more votes gets their way, RPG or not

Hm.. Voting is fine and dandy BUT no one ever said this was a democracy. What Connor or the other ops say, goes unless they actually want the vote. They're the owners, they should be able to do whatever they wish. Rolling Eyes

thats kinda the point of me saying a vote, did you think we would just have one, then over rule connor? haha obviously connor or an op would hold the voting
Big_Daddy723
Big_Daddy723

Back to top Go down

Post  DVortex Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:01 pm

I remember the wildy back then. If they make a mod on ssp or smp it would be awesome!
Especially the idea of taking risks and getting better items!
And having natural soulsand and natural netherack will add the touch of the wildy.
Props to you for awesome idea.

DVortex
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  wester284 Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:10 am

great idea (the wilderniss on rs is back)
wester284
wester284

http://wester284rs.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum